- Ph.D. Student in Computer Science and Engineering, Starting in Fall 2021
The University of Michigan
Advisor: Dr. Mosharaf Chowdhury
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, 2016 - 2018
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Advisor: Dr. Jaehyuk Huh
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, 2011 - 2016
Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)
- [ASPLOS ‘19] Heterogeneous Isolated Execution for Commodity GPUs [paper] [slides]
Insu Jang, Adrian Tang, Taehoon Kim, Simha Sethumadhavan, and Jaehyuk Huh
- System Software Engineer (Alternative Military Service), Feb 2018 - Jun 2021
- Research Assistant, Jan 2020 - Jul 2020
Computer Architecture and Systems Lab, KAIST (Advisor: Dr. Youngjin Kwon)
- Greaduate Research Assistant, Mar 2016 - Feb 2018
Computer Architecture and Systems Lab, KAIST (Advisor: Dr. Jaehyuk Huh)
- Research Intern, Jan 2016 - Feb 2016
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
- Research Intern, Jul 2015 - Aug 2015
Advanced Institute of Convergence Technology (AICT)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (Purdue/NIPA Capston Project), Jul 2014 - Aug 2014
M2M Lab, Purdue University (Advisor: Dr. Eric T. Matson)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, May 2014 - Jul 2015
Networking Lab, Sugnkyunkwan University (Advisor: Dr. Hyunseung Choo)
- Student Member, Jan 2013 - Apr 2014
Samsung Software Membership, Samsung Electronics
Honors and Awards
- University Ph.D. Fellowship, from Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the University of Michigan, 2021 - 2024
- Korea National Scholarship, from KAIST and Korea Ministry of Science and ICT, 2016 - 2018
- National Scholarship for Science and Engineering, from Korea Student Aid Foundation (KOSAF), 2014 - 2016
- 2nd Prize, 2015 Convergence App Contest. from College of Software, Sungkyunkwan University, Dec 2015
- Deans’ List Award, from Department of Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Apr 2015
- Deans' List Award, from Department of Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Oct 2014
- 1st Prize, 2013 Smart TV and Peripherals Contest. from Korea Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Nov 2013
- 1st Prize, 2013 Mobile E-learning App Idea Contest. From Korea Ministry of Education, Sep 2013
Reimplementing Hyperloop - A research project as a research assistant at KAIST
Due to a copyright issue, the implementation of Hyperloop is not opened. To perform a research regarding distributed file system based on Hyperloop, we had no choice but to reimplement it by our own way.
During implementing Hyperloop, we studied Infiniband and RoCE RDMA. Unfortunately, it was not able to reproduce properly in implementing remote-work request manipulation, a key idea of Hyperloop.
Heterogeneous Trusted Execution Environment - A research project as a graduate research assistant at KAIST
HIX extends the protection scope of hardware-based trusted execution environment (TEE) technology to heterogenoues computing devices, e.g. GPUs or FPGAs. Based on the insight that Intel SGX protects the data in address translation (TLB entries are not inserted into the TLB for unauthorized accesses) and modern high performance device access is done through memory-mapped I/O (MMIO), we extended the protection mechanism for accessing device access through MMIO.
Based on this SGX extension, only an authorized trusted process called the GPU enclave can access the GPU and trusted process use the GPU service through the GPU enclave via encrypted communication.
A paper has been published to ASPLOS ‘19.